[wp-hackers] URL of edit profile page

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Sun Feb 27 05:43:09 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Ryan Bilesky <rbilesky at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perfect I just wrote a simple function that checks the wp version if it's
> 3.0 it returns admin_url('profile.php') or if its 3.1 or greater it returns
> self_admin_url('profile.php').

Actually, for 3.1, there's a function called get_edit_profile_url( $user_id
), which supports the network admin, the user admin (global dashboard), and
the regular old admin too.

The function is written to properly support the new user admin in 3.1,
whereby in a network situation, a user might not actually belong to a blog.
Thus it might be wp-admin/user/profile.php in those situations.

Related enhancement I just created,
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16686.

Cheers,
Nacin