[wp-hackers] WP 3.1 admin bar

Kim Parsell kparsell-wp at kpdesign.net
Fri Feb 18 04:29:58 UTC 2011

This isn't about the length of time it would take for someone to do what
you think should be done, it's about sticking with project release protocol.

Once a release reaches RC status, it is too late to do this. RC = bug
fixes, not tweaks, and this isn't a bug.

While I understand that you aren't happy about it being on by default,
it is way past time to do anything about it for 3.1.

There have been plenty of suggestions in this thread on how to disable
it for your clients' installs, so you can pick which one would be the
easiest for you to implement.

So, rather than arguing the merits of on/off, perhaps you should be
looking at notifying your clients of what's coming and gather their
feedback on whether they want it or not.

Peace out.

Kim