[wp-hackers] WP 3.1 admin bar

Mark E mark at simplercomputing.net
Thu Feb 17 02:42:21 UTC 2011

In the devs read this list, having the admin bar on by default might
result in a megaton of phone calls to Web devs whose customers will
invariable ask what it is, why it's on their site and do their visitors
see it too, and how to turn off.

It might be more economical for all WP users if there's a simple
one-time message in the dashboard that the feature exists and can be
turned on. I'm thinking how many calls I'm gonna get from people about
this, and all added up, I'll spend a cumulative few days of time on the
phone answering the same 2 questions over and over.

I'm have nightmarish flashbacks to my days as Microsoft Windows
networking engineer...

Mark