[wp-hackers] Rewrite Rules

Bill Erickson bill.erickson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:19:29 UTC 2011

I actually did something very similar to that on a recent project. I
was linking Posts to Pages using the Posts2Posts plugin. The client
then wanted to be able to drill down to specific categories, so I
created a custom rewrite endpoint. Going to
yoursite.com/pagename/articles/category-1 showed posts that were
linked to the current page and also in category 1.

Here's some additional resources that helped me:

John Beales - A little secret for URL manipulation in WordPress:
http://johnbeales.com/20090824/endpoints-a-little-secret-for-url-manipulation-in-wordpress/
Stack Exchange - Custom URL Rewrites for Templates:
http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/2614/custom-url-rewrites-for-templates

---
Bill Erickson
Wordpress Consultant