[wp-hackers] Rewrite Rules

Ryan Bilesky rbilesky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 23:11:51 UTC 2011

I am looking to add rewrite rules for my plugin, my plugin will have a
shortcode embedded in a page, lets just say for example the url is
http://mysite.com/page I want a rewrite rule to get a url like this
http://mysite.com/page/something-here where something-here is a GET
parameter, it woul dbe like the url
http://mysite.com/page/?something=something-here, you get my point the page
will accept a GET parameter and I just want to rewrite the URL to make it
look better.  First off, my guess is yes, but just to make sure this is
possible right?  And the big question is how?  I haven't worked with rewrite
rules in wordpress before, now if I was to use .htaccess the rewrite rule
would look like this:

RewriteRule ^page/([^/]*)$ /page/?something=$1 [L]
How do I add this to the WordPress rewrite rules?