[wp-hackers] Attaching photos to multiple posts

William Davis will.davis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:44:05 UTC 2011

One of the biggest hurdles to overcome, in my opinion, when using
WordPress as a full-on CMS is the inability to attach photos to
multiple posts. I've been mulling over a solution for some time, and I
think I've found an acceptable solution, but I wanted to float it here
to make sure there wouldn't be any adverse effects.

A few ideas that I've had involve meta data or custom taxonomies, like
Co-Authors Plus uses. But I thought the best solution might be to
essentially duplicate the attachment and attach the duplicate
attachment to the post, so that it degrades gracefully if the plugin
is deactivated. Essentially, copy over the post (but don't create a
duplicate image, to save server space). Does anybody anticipate any
problems?

Thanks,
Will