[wp-hackers] Why Wordpress use ’ instead of '

Juan Ramón Díaz juanramon.diaz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 11:24:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been looking for how it is used the function *esc_js* in the core
and now I have some doubts. In some places it's used the following html
entity code: ’ (right single quotation
mark<http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_symbols.asp>- ’)
and sometimes is used the normal apostrophe '. I know that *esc_js* will
escape the single quotation mark and convert the double quotation mark, but
I don't understand why in the core it's used this entity code.

Thanks!

P.S.: Sorry if this is not the best place to ask this