[wp-hackers] admin category drop down

IC IC icwordpress at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 19:00:50 UTC 2011

Is there a plug in that would break down the main category list from
its top levels and give each top level its own category box? ( making
it appear like each our custom taxonomies on the dashboard )

example

categories
<select name=category_dropdown>
<option>level 1</option>
   <option>level 1.1</option>
   <option>level 1.2</option>
<option>level 2</option>
   <option>level 2.1</option>
   <option>level 2.2</option>
</select>

becomes

level 1 categories
<select name=category_dropdown>
<option>level 1</option>
   <option>level 1.1</option>
   <option>level 1.2</option>
</select>

level 2 categories
<select name=category_dropdown>
<option>level 2</option>
   <option>level 2.1</option>
   <option>level 2.2</option>
</select>

This could help the selection of categories much easier when you deal
with 100's in box !

I don't think the form submit would send the data any differently - as
long as both select boxes are named the same way!

This looks possible to me with the use of filters. Is there another
way to do it?  And if filters the only way to go, which filter do I
use?