[wp-hackers] How to automatically combine sitemaps from Joomla + WP?

Mike Schleif wordpress at helices.org
Fri Dec 9 04:23:32 UTC 2011

Hi!

I have inherited a Joomla website on which I've attached a WordPress blog.

I can get Joomla to give me a sitemap.xml for the Joomla portion of the
site.

I can get WordPress to give me a sitemap.xml for the WordPress portion
of the site.

How can I combine these before submitting them to search engines?

Bottom line, I want one sitemap.xml that covers the entire domain,
including both Joomla website and WordPress blog.

Please, advise.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

helices