[wp-hackers] Saving the entire HTML sent to client

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 02:18:07 UTC 2011

We got one of those installed. I think the totla cache. And when it
was engaged, it was not showing the latest changes I made in the back
end. Of couese, I had logged in as admin maybe that's the reason?

To get those changes, ( for example to see the output of the latest
loop I created ), I had to add to the url stuff like q=32113213 to
avoid caching.

With the implementation I suggested however, I was seeking my own
programmatic solution where I can feel in control and manage the
caching business in however I want, in whatever chunks I want. But to
be able to do that, I need to get a hold of the "HTML so far"!

Maybe there is just no way to get a handle of what HTML that the PHP
functions have generated so far?

Would it be nice to have the option of doing something like this

$content = get_header()

Is this technically not possible?