[wp-hackers] APC-Nginx-Apache problems / memory problems on VPS

Marty Fried mjf at leftcoast-usa.com
Sun Aug 28 23:18:35 UTC 2011

I'm not an expert on server troubleshooting, although I'm good at
troubleshooting in general.

I would think setting up a server on a virtual machine where you could set
different limits on memory, disk space, etc, would be a useful tool for
troubleshooting this sort of problem.  I would set up a linux server
personally, but that's because I use Linux normally.

But with a server in a VM, you could reduce memory in stages, until you have
problems, and do the same for disk space.  Then see if you can replicate the
same problems.  You would then at least know what the limits are.

But if it only happens under heavy user load, I'm not sure how to test that.

Marty Fried