[wp-hackers] what is this debug code?

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Aug 28 11:12:18 UTC 2011

On 28 August 2011 20:51, Arthur <apeka1990 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, looks like your wp-includes/functions.php was modified in some way.
> Or maybe, it just didn't get updated, when you updated your WP?

*Not this at all.* The core reporting functions just show where the notice
is thrown from, not the line of code which called it. You should really use
a plugin such as Debug Bar and Log Deprecated Notices to know where such
items are coming from.

Back to the original question, It's usually Themes which use get_settings()
(I believe this is simply due to the number of theming tutorials out there
which reference it), Plugins in general are a bit more with the times.