[wp-hackers] Using Modernizr for the new html5 input types

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Mon Aug 22 17:08:44 UTC 2011

It would be nice, yes, but you're trying to do too much here.  Both
`wp_register_script()` and `wp_enqueue_script()` run on the server side ...
`Modernizr.load()` will fire the `nope` method on the client side ...

So, really, there's no way to do exactly what you're doing.  My
recommendation would be to use jQuery or another library to asynchrounously
fetch your libraries when the `nope` method fires.