[wp-hackers] PHP Lazy Loading in WordPress 3.2

Philip Walton philip at philipwalton.com
Tue Apr 26 04:12:55 UTC 2011

I've heard rumors
<http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/2011/03/18/wordpress-3-2-the-plan-faster-lighter/>
that WordPress 3.2 will implement lazy loading of PHP classes. Is any of
this currently incorporated into the latest development version?

I'm writing an MVC plugin framework for my own development projects and
I wanted to implement lazy loading for my framework, but now I'm worried
that I might do something that the release of 3.2 will break.

Can anyone shed any light on where this is at or point me in the
direction of some code in progress so I can see how it's being
implemented? I've looked around on Trac but haven't seen much. Should I
wait for 3.2 to incorporate lazy loading or is it still far away?

Philip