[wp-hackers] front-page.php always overrides home.php?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Apr 24 14:13:50 UTC 2011

> That said I doubt you'd get much committer traction. The current situation
> is seen as workable because WP is popular despite it, and there is little
> love for purely semantic changes to core most of the time.

I think the problem is that the committers might not be "in the trenches"
enough to see that a nomenclature problem *does* exist. I see the confusion
occasionally in Themes submitted to the repository. (I see it *far* more
often in the code of so-called "premium" Themes and in sketchy free Themes
that I occasionally have the displeasure of reviewing.) I see it in the
WPORG support forums, by end users.

Maybe I'll put in a ticket, and see what discussion develops...

Chip