[wp-hackers] Equalheight columns css breaks comments in single.php

RePost repost_08 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 17:26:15 UTC 2011

I'm directing this to the WP group because it involves single.php.

Here's an equalheight columns css trick that works with the BluePrint
CSS grid system (and I'm presuming with other sites as well) that works
/almost/ flawlessly with my WordPress site:

|.equal-height{
     overflow:hidden;
     }

.equal-height>  div{
     padding-bottom:32767px;
     margin-bottom:-32767px;
     }

Worked great, that is, until it broke the WordPress single.php template
(in this case, with two columns inside a wrapper div). WP sees the
comments queue as the top of the page and all content above disappears.

Is there any way to compensate for this and make single.php display
correctly with equalheight?

Thanks.