[wp-hackers] Uninstall Handling

scribu mail at scribu.net
Sun Apr 10 21:42:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Ken Brucker <Ken at pumastudios.com> wrote:

> The logic appears to require a valid login to continue past the FTP
> credential screen.  What would be ideal are three possible paths when
> prompted for the FTP credentials.
>
> 1) Supply valid credentials - process continues
> 2) Abort Operation
> 3) Run the plugin uninstall method

Well, with a little thought, I'm sure you could make a meta-plugin that adds
an interface to explicitly trigger the uninstall procedure. It's either
calling a stored callback or include()ing the uninstall.php file.

I don't think your scenario is common enough to warrant including this in
Core. It increases the ease of use in your case, but for all the rest of the
WP users, it adds an unnecessary UI element.

--
http://scribu.net