[wp-hackers] Uninstall Handling

scribu mail at scribu.net
Sun Apr 10 17:41:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Ken Brucker <Ken at pumastudios.com> wrote:

> What I envision as a viable solution is in the 'Delete' process to add an
> option to only execute the plugin uninstall action and leave the file system
> untouched.  The action could finish with a notice to the user that to
> complete the removal of the plugin the related files should be removed.

Actually, the uninstall procedure is run even if the file deletion fails.

This does not happen, however, if you're prompted for the FTP credentials
and you don't provide them, as it's considered you aborted the procedure.

So, to do achieve the effect you want, just add this line in your
wp-config.php file:

define('FS_METHOD', 'direct');

This will prevent the FTP credentials from appearing.

--
http://scribu.net