[wp-hackers] Uninstall Handling

Ken Brucker Ken at pumastudios.com
Fri Apr 8 21:54:06 UTC 2011

Hi all - been lurking for a while, first time asking a question here.

I'm trying to cleanup a bunch of stuff that gets put into the database related to a plugin I'm writing but am stymied by the flow in delete_plugins().  I've got my uninstall.php file setup and have found that unless I provide FTP login information during the Delete operation I can't get to the point that the uninstall script will run.

Should I open a bug in the tracker to have the delete_plugins() flow improved to allow the uninstall process to run separate from the file deletion?  I really want to clean the database and don't want (or need) WP to go do the actual file deletion.

And any thoughts on how to get my uninstall to run given the current state of the logic?

I don't want to do the cleanup when the plugin is deactivated since there are many reasons to deactivate on a temporary basis.

-- Ken