[wp-hackers] Problem with admin AJAX not executing plugin code

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Apr 4 15:27:16 UTC 2011

It sounds like you might need to re-adjust what hooks you're using for what
processes.

admin_menu should only be used for things like registering admin menu's (as
thats what the hook is for) admin_init should be used for processing things
for all admin requests, load-$pagenow hooks should be used for page-specific
processing, etc..

But you might also want to look into the DOING_AJAX constants which are set
for ajax requests