[wp-hackers] numeric slugs redux

Michael Clark dc153464a11bcf5aeb18180db28017fb.wp-hackers at planetmike.com
Fri Apr 1 00:12:28 UTC 2011

At 12:24 PM -0500 3/31/11, Otto wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Steve Taylor <steve at sltaylor.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>  At some point the numeric slug at the end is being split off from the
>  > request URI and placed in the 'page' request var.
>
>Yes. A number at the end of a URL is considered to be a page number, not a
>separate page. Basically, WordPress does not support all numeric slugs well.

Hmmm. For one my sites, I have posts tagged with the 5 digit zip code
of the location that the event took place. Will this issue bite me
once one of those tags has more than 10 tagged posts? Right now, it
looks like the tag pages are working correctly. Thanks, Mike

--

Michael Clark
http://www.PlanetMike.com

Christmas Music 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a week
http://www.ChristmasMusic247.com

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
  - Martin Luther King Jr.