[wp-hackers] Trash Emptying Too Fast

David Morris dvmorris at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 03:49:31 UTC 2010

I had some bloggers complain that after upgrading to 3.0 their blog
post and comment trash cans are getting emptied faster than 30 days.
We have only been live on the 3.0 platform for 5 days, so I just
wanted to see if anyone out there has experienced any issues like
this. Here is a quote from one blogger:

- We noticed the trash on blogs is getting emptied very quickly,
making it difficult to monitor blog comments.
- I'm pretty sure that before the v.3.0.1 upgrade, trash got emptied
no sooner than 30 days after an item (post or comment) was dumped
there.

Any ideas why they might be experiencing early trash emptying like
this? I first suspected that an mu-plugin was the culprit, but I don't
see any code in our entire source tree that references
EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS other than the core WP code that sets it to 30.

Thanks for your help,
Dave