[wp-hackers] Being able to add aditional text when invoking a taxonomy term in a post type

Andrés Sanhueza peroyomaslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:11:20 UTC 2010

Hello. There's a couple of features I want to do with taxonomies in
post types, but not sure how. I mention both since they are related
for what I want to accomplish:

• Being able to add additional data to taxonomy terms in the specific
post, something like, if the post type is Character and the taxonomy
is Episodes, the terms would look like this in the posts (between
parenthesis is the additional data associated with the specific post):

Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3 (Cameo), Episode 4, Episode 5 (Via
flashback), Episode 6

There metadata should display bi-directionally.

• In addition to that, yet not as priority, being able to name terms
in a post type but don't create them when mentioned, but give the
option to can create them later. I'm thinking more like in a wiki,
were in stuff like an infobox not everything links to an article if is
not very article-worthy, but is still mentioned.

This can also be combined with some redirection for some taxonomies,
but that's already easy to accomplish by many ways.

Andrés Sanhueza