[wp-hackers] Anything like a Plugin Framework?

Raj list at expost.org
Wed Sep 15 14:56:32 UTC 2010

No, not code examples. I am looking for a framework off which I can make
plugins and avoid wasting time on defining the same thing over and over
again.

We should probably create something like 'cake bake' in CakePHP. It could be
like:

C:\htdocs\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\>wp
Name of your plugin: Members Only
Provide the machine readable name [members_only] : mo

Choose from the below options:

Step1:
1.  Generate init function
2.  Define data
	2. Database tables
	3. Post Meta
	4.

Step2:
Create CRUD
1. Custom content type
2. Admin page using options
3. Admin screen using database tables
5. Custom content type loop
6. Skip

Step3:
Accessories
1. Generate meta-box
2. Generate dashboard panel
3. Generate widget
4. Generate cron-job

Step4:
5. Generate installer
6. Generate deactivation routine

... and so on.. of the top of my head.

It would probably be less annoying to if the generator was a a web
application though.