[wp-hackers] Memory outages and wordpress

Peter van der Does peter at avirtualhome.com
Wed Sep 15 01:26:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:54:05 -0500
Vid Luther <vid at zippykid.com> wrote:

> if you're on a shared host, it may not be your site, but other
> people's sites that are causing the server to go out of memory. 300
> visits/day shouldn't take a system with 1GB of ram out of memory,
> unless you have some really bad programming, or you share a server
> with a website that's getting 300/second.

In my case it wasn't a memory issue. The PHP process to took much time
away. Sort of like a DDOS attack, I fixed it myself by comparing my
visitors in the apache log with a spam database and blocking access
for known spammers. I got out of trouble within a few days.

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98

IRC: Ganseki on irc.freenode.net