[wp-hackers] Custom list of posts per user

Kevin Newman CaptainN at unFocus.com
Tue Sep 14 22:54:48 UTC 2010

  Hi there,

I'm trying to create a plugin that will allow users to add any kind of
post into a list that is associated with that user's account. I'd like
to do this without relying on the addition of a table into MySQL (though
that would probably be the easiest way to go).

Anyone know if that's been done before?

This kind of functionality would be useful for something like adding a
product post-type to a cart (a list stored with the user) for example.

I had thought of using a hidden custom taxonomy, and filtering on that
using either a hierarchical structure or associated data (doesn't seem
possible). For hierarchical structure the idea is to add a top level
term (or tag) for each user (based on their user id), then add any lists
they create as children of that term - thereby limitting that term list
to that user (and allowing for the admin to monitor and edit these
lists). I haven't been able to find the necessary actions or filters to
make that happen (I'd need something like an action for 'add_term' I'd
guess).

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin N