[wp-hackers] create Draft from published cabability

Kevin Newman CaptainN at unFocus.com
Tue Sep 7 21:48:06 UTC 2010

  Hi,

I'm working on a custom post type plugin, and i'd like to have users
that can edit this custom post even if it has been published - but not
to be able to publish the changes immediately.

I didn't see any existing capabilities flags that exist to do this
(contributor role's capabilities are close). The functionality seem to
exist to enable this kind of functionality - for example, if the admin
or an editor edits a published post, it'll create a draft, and will not
affect the published content until admin publishes again. This is pretty
close to functionality I'm looking for - except I want to allow the
contributor to create the draft from a published post.

I'll try to work that out by adding custom capabilities, but I figured
I'd ask if anyone has done something similar first. :-)

Thanks,

Kevin N.