[wp-hackers] Permalink Performance

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Thu Sep 2 19:02:32 UTC 2010

On 2 September 2010 19:29, Lox <lox.dev at knc.nc> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just published a website with 250+ pages using
> /blog/%category%/%postname%/ as the permalink structure with no performance
> issues.
>
> Regards.

I think by 'a lot' it will need to be many more than that. I am working on a
site with 4000+ pages at the moment (it will eventually have 15000+), I know
that would have big, big problems if I used the 'bad' way of specifying

I don't, so I don't have the permalink issue, but I am hitting other
performance issues because of the number (and nesting depth) of pages.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/