[wp-hackers] Permalinks, Custom Post Types & Pagination

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 06:53:25 UTC 2010

Hi Olumide,

First up, WordPress 3.1 is on target to support custom post type index
pages [1] so you won't need to use custom page templates or other
methods in the future.

In the mean time you could try using the Smarter Custom Post Types
library [2] which gives you this functionality.

Finally - I'm not sure if this will work or not on pages - in the
query on your custom page template you could try passing the 'paged'
query variable into the query:

get_posts( 'post_type=foo&paged=' . get_query_var('paged') );

This will cause the query to return the second page of results when
viewing /page/2/, etc.

John

[1] http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13818
[2] http://somadesign.ca/projects/smarter-custom-post-types/