[wp-hackers] Direction for custom taxonomy/post types

Joshua Sibelman joshua.sibelman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 19:16:09 UTC 2010

Thanks for the detailed response.

The reason I was thinking a custom plugin was because that seems to be a good way to hook into WP actions, while offering the ability to define custom Admin panels for my client to be able to manage all this content. Where the idea of the plugin deters me is that I'd love to be able to use things that come pre-built with the existing WP post functionality like images, date sorting, etc.

I wasn't thinking in terms of a plugin to be released to the wild, but one specifically for this client and this job.

In a nutshell, I'm seeing the plugin route as a way to operate outside the constraints of WordPress' plugin and taxonomy system.

Does that make sense?