[wp-hackers] notice before plugin upgrade

Rich Pedley elfin at elfden.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 15:04:52 UTC 2010

I realise this is only suitable for automatic upgrades but is there
any method that I can hook into the upgrade routine for plugins with a
custom message prior to the automatic download/upgrade?

I need to make changes to a core file of my plugin and want everyone
to have the chance to _not_ upgrade to it. I intend doing this in a
few versions time, so want to put the code in place _now_ to try and
catch as many people as possible.

Obviously I can't do anything for anyone manually upgrading.

Thoughts and ideas welcomed.

Rich