[wp-hackers] Implementing databse transaction in Wordpress

Lox lox.dev at knc.nc
Fri Oct 1 05:09:24 UTC 2010

Hello,

Today, I faced a problem with one of my customers. The table wp_usermeta had
something wrong and I had to repair it (using SQL repair query)

The side effect of that problem are many partial users records for the users
that registered while the table was broken: those users had a record in
wp_users table BUT NOT in wp_usermeta (as it was broken).

This could have been easily avoided using database transactions. Is there
any reason why this basic data integrity security layer hasn't been
implemented in Wordpress?

Regards.

--
Lox