[wp-hackers] WP Development & Production Sites

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Mon Nov 29 10:15:33 UTC 2010

I disagree with Peter in that WordPress already does what some would
consider "unnecessary processing" and what one considers unnecessary
processing might not be to another person. Setting this argument aside
completely and looking entirely at weighing the options, I would say that it
isn't worth changing. The problems with absolute URLs are really esoteric to
those who are developing and those that move sites. The majority of users
have no problems with absolute URLs and changing to relative will require a
lot of work with testing, development and correcting for bugs found with
edge cases.

Other than that, it really appears that majority of what people want could
be solved with a simple plugin and I think if enough people download, test
and use it that it might eventually be added to core.