[wp-hackers] WordPress self install on Windows?

Brian Layman bulk at thecodecave.com
Sat Nov 13 17:12:31 UTC 2010

On 11/13/2010 11:52 AM, Hal Burgiss wrote:
> We have not really hit the skype issue mentioned by someone else.
You probably have Apache launching as a service first before Skype
starts up.  It's only an issue when Skype launches first, grabs the
port, and then you try to start your server..

The setting is under Tools>Options>Advanced>Connection>"Use port 80 and
443 as alternatives for incoming connections". I would imagine it's
there to help get past firewall issues, but it is annoying in this
circumstance.

*Brian Layman *

Founder and Developer
<mailto:brian at ehermitsInc.com>eHermitsInc.com <http://ehermitsinc.com/>