[wp-hackers] how to not load the admin css files

24/7 24-7 at gmx.net
Thu Nov 11 00:00:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

a half year ago or so i put a ticket &patch on trac [1] for a single
stylesheet on the login screen. Goal was/is to make it easier to
integrate the login screen into themes, having one less request, less
to load (in size) and to unbundle wp-login from the admin area. The
patch worked until 2.9 or so, but needs some minor rework to fit into
the new css scheme. Therefore i quickly made a plugin [2] but noticed
that i'm not able to get completely rid of the two current
stylesheets. I know that i somehow can filter wp_admin_css and
wp_admin_css_uri (general-template.php), but so far i couldn't get
around it. I hope someone can help me a little, because i want to
offer the plugin to interessted people in the repository and don't
wanna have two requests going into the blue.

Btw: If you like the idea, please go to trac and vote or comment on
the ticket. Thanks.

Wish you best.
- Kaiser.

[1] link to trac: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12506