[wp-hackers] Media Gallery Tab Goes Missing

Ryan Duff ryanduff.list at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 12:51:00 UTC 2010

On 11/8/10 10:33 PM, Andrew Nacin wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Ryan Duff<ryanduff.list at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Having an issue on an IIS box with the Add an Image thickbox. When going
>> back in to manage photos uploaded to a post, the gallery tab shows 3 items.
>> Clicking the tab causes the gallery tab to disappear and an error to be
>> shown when I have WP_DEBUG turned on.
>>
>> Notice: Undefined index: post_id in D:\websites\www.site.com\wp-admin\includes\media.php
>> on line 1712
>>
>> I printed the $_REQUEST to see what I got back and was only seeing:
>>
>> Array ( [tab] =>  gallery )
>>
>> Normally, you should see something like this:
>>
>> Array ( [post_id] =>  122 [type] =>  image [tab] =>  gallery )
>>
>> With that being said, does anybody know why the array isn't being populated
>> correctly? There are no plugins other than Akismet installed on this site
>> and it *shouldn't* be a theme issue since its on the admin side. WordPress
>> version is 3.0.1
>>

> Sounds vaguely familiar. What version of IIS?
>
> This is what I thought of when I read this --
> http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13685

Its IIS v6.0.

Just read over that ticket and the uploads aren't failing. They're being
added to the library without issue. The issue happens after you close
the thickbox window and then re-open it. The $_REQUEST (actually $_GET)
array isn't being set properly and is missing some entries which then
causes the gallery tab to disapear. Coincidentally, it also happens when
you load that page outside the thickbox window.