[wp-hackers] Network activations and WP SlimStat

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Tue Nov 9 12:32:51 UTC 2010

On 11/9/10 7:27 AM, due chiacchiere wrote:
> So, correct me if I'm wrong, you're saying that the majority of plugins
> out there are 'crap' because they dare to create new tables? Is this the
> official position of Wordpress for this specific issue? I think that's a
> fairly strong statement, but we are probably off-topic now.
The guideline is to avoid creating new tables whenever possible, yes.
Sometimes they are necessary, but it's one of the first things I see the
lead developers look at when they look at a plugin, and I've heard them
advise many plugin developers to revise their plugins to get rid of
unnecessary tables.