[wp-hackers] custom post type post editor add_action scripttargetting

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Mon Nov 8 16:26:00 UTC 2010

Yeah I actually tried that after reading how admin-header.php does it,
unfortunately a var_dump on $current_screen is null at this point in
execution.

I'm running the add_menu_pages and script hooks in the 'admin_menu' action;
so it seems to be previous to when $current_screen is populated, hrm.

I always assumed that using add_action('admin_menu', was the appropriate
hook to execute the plugin's creation of the admin pages ;/  which at that
point $current_screen is empty.

Think I figured out a work around since $current_screen is null

global $pagenow;
if (($pagenow == 'post-new.php') && ($_GET['post_type'] ==
'custom_post_type')) {
   add_action('admin_print_scripts', 'function_to_execute');
}

this seems to work, then just add_action to the non-hooked
admin_print_scripts