[wp-hackers] Plugin directory links to blank WordPress profile page

Ken (WraithKenny) ken.adcstudio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 17:24:50 UTC 2010

Alois,

Have you had any luck with your http://buddypress.org/ profile? The
info profiles.wordpress.org is pulled from there, atleast, that's how
it works for me. The login from profiles is broken for my account, but
whatever I put in buddypress.org shows up on my profile page. I tried
to find you there, but it's 404'd at buddypress.org as well.

I believe that it is because in MultiSite WordPress, usernames with a
space are particularly problematic, unlike single installs, in which
spaces are fine. So, I believe, your best bet for using
wordpress.org/buddypress.org maybe be to change or register a new
username. (Sorry, that sucks I know)

Ken