[wp-hackers] global $post in quick_edit_custom_box?

Stephanie Leary steph at sillybean.net
Wed May 26 06:02:25 UTC 2010

Just ran across something that seems... not right. I'm adding a custom field to the quick edit form. I can add the field just fine using the quick_edit_custom_box hook, but I can't retrieve the stored post meta because the $post global contains the last post ID on the edit screen rather than the ID of the post I'm currently editing.

Is there a way around this, other than jumping through a bunch of jQuery hoops?

Stephanie Leary
sillybean.net