[wp-hackers] Size limit on post.

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat May 22 10:18:10 UTC 2010

Neither. They're the number of times the regular expression library is
able to backtrace, and the number its allowed to recurse, in a extremely
simple expression, on a large peice of text, it'll only use very little,
when you use a large piece of text, with a complex expression, it can
often cause the backtracing to increase as it attempts to match the longer
text.

Other than trial and error, Its not possible to say what value you'd need,
or if its even caused by this.