[wp-hackers] Map a custom url to its content.

Rajasekharan S rajasekharan.s at tcs.com
Wed May 19 05:21:33 UTC 2010

This was otto's suggestion:

add_action('template_redirect','your_function');
function your_function() {
  if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == 'whatever-you-want-the-uri-to-be') {
    // produce your output
  exit();
  }
}

This is almost what I want it to be. A detail that I forgot to mention in
the first post was that the mapped URL should use  the template that is
currently active. The content that the plugin generates should go in the
content area.

Any ideas how I can map the URL to a function and have it use the
currently active template?

Thank you all for your responses.

Raj