[wp-hackers] WordPress "simple mode"

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Tue May 18 23:36:11 UTC 2010

You can combine a few existing plugins to get rid of the majority of
the extraneous stuff you don't want. 'Adminimize' for removing
clutter, 'WP-CMS Post Control' for removing post meta boxes, 'Ozh'
Admin Drop Down Menu' to regain screen real estate.

Also worth remembering is that if you find you're wanting to hide
things like Settings menus, then you should think about using an
Editor account on a day to day basis rather than an Administrator
account (which is a good idea from a security point of view too).