[wp-hackers] Search / Filter custom meta values from frontend

Joaquin Rodriguez Montero yojoaquin at gmail.com
Tue May 18 18:15:13 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I tried searching different alternatives to my question, but I had no luck*.

I'm trying to get a search result based on custom fields meta data, say:
Price: $100 - $400
Location: Buenos Aires
Type: All

These options should be on the frontend and their values can be specific
ones or not defined (meaning, "all"). Is there any way to achieve this?

Result should be, as *expected*, all pages or posts (in this case pages)
with those values. I wouldn't mind defining the parent page ID where every
page (which I want to filter) is.

My page tree is:
About
Group Page
-Group page 1 + custom fields
-Group page n + custom fields
Contact Us

*I found Scribu's plugin:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-field-taxonomies/ which looks
amazing but can't figure out how to implement it the way I'd like it to
work.

Thanks a mil if you can give me a clue on this one!