[wp-hackers] Custom post type conditionals

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sun May 16 19:39:13 UTC 2010

Hi Simon:

Have you considered creating custom templates, i.e.  "single-my_post_type.php?"  (I know that might not be applicable to your use case, but if it is...)

OTOH, if your plugin adds a post type maybe your plugin should be the one to add the conditional?  i.e.:

   function is_my_post_type() {
      return $wp_query->query_vars['post_type']=='my_post_type';
   }

-Mike