[wp-hackers] Changing the content and plugin dirs

Mark Jaquith markjaquith at gmail.com
Sun May 16 17:49:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:08 AM, John Blackbourn
<johnbillion+wp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone aware (just off the top of your head) of any plugins that
> don't respect these constants and still use the old system of assuming
> 'wp-content' and 'wp-content/plugins'?

Hundreds. Maybe thousands. I have a local checkout of all plugins. I'm
running a search, and I have 291 results and I'm still in "b."

One of my principles of plugin development is to do it in an "odd"
environment. WordPress in a subdirectory, custom content directory.
That forces you to use the proper API functions.

--
Mark Jaquith