[wp-hackers] Shortcodes getting wrapped with a "p" tag by rich editor

Thomas Belknap dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net
Thu May 13 16:17:05 UTC 2010

I think I've always used the HTML editor. Thought that was the way it was
supposed to work?

On May 13, 2010 12:05 PM, "Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz" <
aizat.faiz at gmail.com> wrote:

Holas,

I've written up a trac ticket #13288 (
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13288 ), and have yet to a see a
response of any kind.

Was wondering what is the procedure to get this looked at.

Trac ticket description, reproduced here:

This bug appeared when trying to hunt down a bug with the TinyMCE Advanced (
>  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tinymce-advanced/ ) plugin where
> extra spaces were being added (  http://wordpress.org/support/topic/350867),
and was related to the WordPress code.

> It appears that shortcodes are wrapped with a "p" tag, before being sent
> the rich editor.

> This patch removes the "p" tag, by calling shortcode_unautop.

Regards,
Aizat

--
http://aizatto.com