[wp-hackers] StackOverflow for WordPress

Christian Foster christian.foster at gmail.com
Tue May 11 02:29:57 UTC 2010

If you haven't used stackoverflow it is an extremely well designed site
- good answers and questions) find their way to the top. It encourages
people to ask clear and concise questions (the question can be rated up
as well as answers). The style and structure is much, much, much better
than standard forums. Just as an example as you are typing in your
question it automatically retrieves a list of similar questions to
reduce duplicates. Certainly if it was forums (or a mailing list...) vs.
a stackexchange site I would choose the stackexchange site in a second.

And of course the domain is chosen by the community in question - I
don't see why it wouldn't be able to go on a subdomain of wordpress.org
with the current styles applied to it.

 >Why not put our energies into improving our own site and support
services?

They're offering a really great service for free - I would make contact
with them and see what they say about putting one on wordpress.org as
the "official" wordpress stackexchange site.