[wp-hackers] StackOverflow for WordPress

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Mon May 10 07:34:34 UTC 2010

> Turns out they require a significant number of people to sign on for
> supporting a proposed topic in order for them to be willing to
> launch a site([3]: Find the heading "The New Stack Exchange Site
> Creation Process.") I'm hoping others here agree that Stack Overflow
> has been useful and would like to see one for WordPress too.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/wordpress

1,853 questions. So maybe I'm not understanding your question
correctly, but WP is already very well served on StackOverflow. What
more do you want to see? Why would they approve a StackExchange site
for WP when it's already well covered by SO? Isn't SE for NON-
programming sites that aren't already covered on SO?

I think the idea of StackExchange is explicitly for non-programming
topics, like photography, or advanced mathematics, or law...

./s