[wp-hackers] Security in wordpress

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri May 7 14:35:50 UTC 2010

I would say that making your files owned by the nobody user is not
particularly safe.

It'd be better to set your server up to use suphp or setuid on your
PHP setup, so as to make the PHP process run as the user who owns the
website files. Then as long as that user is separated from everything
else on the system, the process can't reach outside the websites own
directory.

-Otto